NUKEPROOF SCOUT 290
The Hardtail: Often mooted as the perfect style bike to master your first pedal strokes into the world of mountain biking or the best way to develop your bike handling skills. Mastering a hardtail will sharpen your skills from perfecting your balance point on the bike through to being creative with the trail ahead reading natural features to generate speed. One thing is for sure though; you shouldn’t underestimate what this hardtail is truly capable of.
The all-new Scout is a graduate from the school of gravity. Its geometry is on the “aggressive” side of coin, designed to attack the trail ahead. The new pedalling position, developed using Nukeproof’s Saddle Offset theory, will propel you efficiently up the trail ready for the gnarliest descent you can handle. The new geometry adds to the all-round capability of the Scout. Improved riding position and sizing combined with a low bottom bracket enhances your control in the corners. The Scout is a versatile frame; ready to scout out endless single track, session technical enduro trails or just hoon around like you’re auditioning for the latest “Scoutin’ About” video epic.
The Nukeproof Scout is the embodiment of the Nukeproof attitude. In riding a Scout, you become part of something special; every ride of this hardcore hardtail rewards every last drop of your skill and commitment when riding. In owning a Scout, you are inducted into something a little bit special too, that subtle nod of appreciation from other Scout owners that you too know what a special frame this is, through to the support and community that has grown around Scout ownership.
The New Scout, welcome to the world of Scoutin’ About, it really is an attitude.
The 3rd generation the Scout has been tweaked to be the finest vintage of Scout.
Key upgrades include:
- All new frame: The frame itself has matured slightly. Subtle touches such as moulded protection through to new UDH (universal derailleur hanger) dropouts to name but a few of the upgrades.
- “Tweaked” geometry- We loved the way the V2 Scout rode, but a few subtle updates to areas such as the seat tube and head tube angles make this latest version even better.
- Improved sizing: The new Scout offers size specific chainstays as well as improved spacing of sizes to match the rest of the Nukeproof range.
- Sizing: Scout comes from Small to XL in 275 and Medium to XXL in the 290 version, updated geometry to give the V3 Scout more efficiency to the trails and more attitude on the trails.
- The all new Nukeproof Scout builds on the cult like “Scoutin’ About” attitude of the hardtail. Buying a Scout means not only do you get the raddest hardtail on the market, join one of the best communities of bikers.