Since 2009 the Nukeproof Mega has been on a journey of constant development. From iteration to iteration, small incremental improvements gradually add up to become today’s thoroughbred Enduro race bike. Bike design and technology moves fast to keep up with the evolving demands of our customers and racers.
Designed and developed from the outset alongside the latest Mega, the Megawatt retains the descending characteristics that has taken 4 Enduro World Series crowns but combines this with the latest Shimano Steps EP8 motor technology. When choosing a motor/ battery partner, Nukeproof’s top priority was to partner with the right specialist. A brand that could offer leading edge technology to help create competitive product whilst having the infrastructure in place to support customers during ownership.
Since its launch in 2021, the Megawatt has racked up numerous media awards from some of the leading journalists, including MBUK and Bike Radar's E-Bike of the Year 2022. Read the review HERE
The Megawatt Shares the race proven geometry of the Nukeproof Mega, but in an all new mixed wheel size platform. The 29” wheel up front, maximises grip and rolling efficiency whilst the 27.5” wheel out back, allows the bike to run shorter chainstays to ensure nimble handling and maximise manoeuvrability. The rear chainstays also benefit from 3d moulded chain guard to keep the frame protected and running quiet allowing you to concentrate on the trail ahead. The Megawatt is offered in Size Small through to XXL and shares Nukeproof’s “saddle offset” philosophy with the Mega. This means steeper seat angles as sizes increase, to optimise the riding position and maximise comfort and efficiency.
A custom tuned rear shock (170mm of rear travel) on all models ensures that the Megawatt is super supple of the top whilst remaining progressive and supportive through the rest of the travel. The Anti Squat too is optimised to create a bike that offers ultimate performance on the descends and then returns you back to the top efficiently for more. The new Mega also has a wide SAG range (30%-35%) to allow you; the rider, to tune the characteristics of the bike to your preferences.
The Megawatt was designed from the outset to optimise the performance of the Shimano EP8 Motor and battery. Crafted from hydroformed 6061 aluminium, the Megawatt shares some characteristics and tube shapes with its Mega sibling but features several notable differences. An all-new one-piece cast Bottom Bracket shell has been engineered to house the Shimano Steps EP8 Motor. The downtube to has been designed to maximise strength and rigidity whilst providing easy access to remove the internal battery for charging or transportation. The Megawatt is offered in three specifications; Comp, Elite or Factory, to suit your riding needs and budget. Please see individual spec’s for full details. The Factory and Elite use a 630Wh Shimano battery, whilst the Comp uses a 504Wh battery. Both battery sizes will fit in each model with a secure and easy to flip mount system in all models. All bikes include a Shimano battery charger and adaptor to allow both on bike and off the bike charging using either the Euro or UK charging cables included.
Featuring entry points in the frames downtube, the frames downtube has internal routing for the dropper cable, rear brake line, SD50 wires and gearing. This ensures a more user-friendly E-Bike for general maintenance and upgrading of components.
Nukeproof Megawatt: A Mega with an motor. Designed so you can maximise the amount of time spent descending by getting you back to the top faster, again and again (and again).
- intended Use: All Mountain/ Enduro/ DH
- Available in Sizes Small to XXL
- 170mm of Rear Travel
- Shimano EP8 Drive System
- Full Custom Triple Butted and Hydroformed 6061-T6 Aluminium, Including Forged Aluminium parts.
- Frame: Nukeproof Megawatt 297 Alloy, 170mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, internal Battery, Internal cable routing through downtube, Enduro Bearings, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection, Shimano STEPS compatible.
- Fork: Fox 38 Float, 29”, Factory Series, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, 1.5T Steerer, 68mm Crown, Black
- Shock: Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom LCL LRL tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted.
- Wheelset: Front wheel: DT Swiss H1700 SPLINE 30, 29"", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm // Rear wheel: DT Swiss H1700 SPLINE 30, 27.5"", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Motor: Shimano STEPS EP8, 250W, 85Nm
- Sveifar: Shimano EM8150 XT, HOLLOWTECH II, 165mm, 34T, 52mm Chainline
- Skjár: Shimano EM800 with Shimano EM800-L Assist Switch
- Battery: Shimano E8036, 630Wh
- Skiftir: Shimano XT M8100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Keðja: Shimano XT M8100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Kasetta: Shimano XT M8100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Chain Guide: Shimano EM800 drive unit mount
- Bremsur: Shimano XT M8120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Bremsudiskar: Shimano SM-RT76, 220mm Front / 203mm Rear
- Dekk: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxGrip/DD/TR, Rear: Maxxis Assegai 27.5”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxGrip/DD/TR
- Stýri: Nukeproof Horizon V2, Width - S/M: 12mm Rise Width - 780mm, L/XL/XXL: 25mm Rise Width - 800mm
- Stammi: Nukeproof Horizon, 45mm, Black
- Hnakkur: Nukeproof, Black
- Dropper Post: Bikeyoke Divine Stealth with Brand-X Remote lever, S:125mm drop; M:160mm drop; XL/XXL:185mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof Neutron E-Bike Block Set, sealed bearings, ZS56/28.6 – ZS66/40
- Grip: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Hleðslutæki: Shimano E6002
Þyngd: 24.25Kgs Medium (Tubeless)